“Before success comes in any man’s life, he’s sure to meet with much temporary defeat and, perhaps some failures. When defeat overtakes a man, the easiest and the most logical thing to do is to quit. That’s exactly what the majority of men do.” – Napoleon Hill
The key to success is: grow.
You need to grow yourself outside of the area you are in. This will lead you to become successful.
The article below talks about this and offers some good advice.
Number 1 Key to Success: Outgrow Your Present Place – by Jesse Ford
In his book, The Science of Getting Rich, Wallace Wattles states:
“…begin to do what you can do where you are; and you must do ALL that you can do where you are. You can advance only by being larger than your present place”.
In other words you will make progress and advance as you outgrow your present responsibilities, purpose, and tasks for the life phase that you are currently in. You want to advance your life? Yes. Your responsibility is to do all you can do to become “larger than your present place”. He further said “Do, every day, ALL that can be done that day”. This is one of the principles of creating wealth.
In addition to taking it literally, you can take it figuratively as well. Endeavour to do all that you can possibly do at any phase and stage of your life. This makes you become larger than the current place, phase, or stage and you inevitably advance to the next phase of your life.
So, how do you become larger than your present place? The intricacies will be different for everyone, but the underlying principles are the same for everyone as follows:
1. By Learning All the Lessons Life Presents: Every challenge you face and every situation contains lessons that you are meant to learn. Try to crystallize the lessons, understand what you were meant to learn from the situation in the first place, learn it and be a good student of life.
2. Become More Efficient: It has been proven that developing great time management skills has the ability to make you successful. The reason is that you accomplish much more than you would normally do. Essentially you double or triple your output. It goes a long way in helping you become larger than your present place.
3. Become better skilled: Imagine two carpenters at work. Both have the same time and resources; the only variable is that one is better skilled than the other. All things being equal the better skilled carpenter will accomplish more. As far as becoming larger than your present place, the better skilled carpenter will achieve it faster and with more to show for it. For you to become larger than your present place you need to develop your skills. It is absolutely essential. Read books, take courses, learn, seek knowledge, and educate yourself.
4. Become Extraordinary: Becoming extraordinary will help you outgrow your present place – anyone can become extraordinary. It is not necessarily a trait you are born with, it can be developed. Here are some ways you can become extraordinary.
Increased IQ, Intelligence, and Memory: Over the course of your life, your brain has the ability to reshape connections when faced with new experiences. At any age, the brain can grow new neurons and the more mental stimulation you get, the more brain function is improved.
By focused exercises of the brain you can improve your attention, problem solving skills, and processing speed. Ultimately you increase your IQ, become smarter, more intelligent, and you are better at things. Brain training has even been proven to increase creativity.
Speed Reading: Now that you have resolved to become larger than your present place by doing a number of things including gaining knowledge, learning, and educating yourself; it would do you a world of good to learn speed reading. Speed reading can help you read up to 1000 words per minute with full comprehension. It also gives you an improved memory.
Memory training boosts your brain and gives you a very powerful memory. There are so many things you can accomplish with a powerful memory – more productivity, better relationships, better presentations and speeches made, etc.
5. Update Your Vision of Your Life: Surely you can upgrade your vision. As you grow it becomes necessary to update your vision to accommodate the new aspirations, ideas, gifts, resources, you are acquiring and life lessons you are learning
As Wallace Wattles said, you can only advance by becoming larger than your present place. Make all the effort you can to do that, make success your mission.
Jesse Ford is an entrepreneur and personal development expert. To get more information, ideas, tips, and practical tools and resources to help you achieve great success faster by outgrowing your present place, visit http://www.reachforhappy.com