“The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will” – Vince Lombardi
Successful people do not sit around and wait for things to happen, they take action to achieve those things that they truly desire.
Persistence is a strong character trait of successful people. But many people sabotage their success by not being persistent in moving towards the achievement of their goals.
Symptoms of a lack of persistence
Here are the real enemies that stand between you and the achievement of your goals. Here are the symptoms as well as the subconscious causes of these weaknesses of character.
- Failure to recognize and to clearly define exactly what one wants.
- Procrastination, with or without cause. This is usually backed up with a large range of alibis and excuses.
- Lack of interest in obtaining specialized knowledge.
- Indecision, the habit of “passing the buck” on all occasions, instead of facing the issues head-on.
- The habit of relying on alibis instead of creating definite plans for the solution of problems.
- Indifference, usually reflected in the readiness to compromise on all occasions, rather than to meet opposition and fight it.
- The habit of blaming others for your mistakes, and accepting unfavourable circumstances as being unavoidable.
- Weakness of desire, due to neglect in the choice of motives that impel action.
- Willingness, even eagerness to quit at the first sign of defeat.
- Lack of organized plans, placed in writing where they maybe analyzed.
- The habit of neglecting to move on ideas, or to grasp opportunity when it presents itself.
- Wishing instead of willing.
- Searching for all of the short-cuts to riches, trying to get without giving a fair equivalent, usually reflected in the habit of gambling and trying to drive “sharp” bargains.
You need to study the above carefully and to do a thorough self-assessment if you really wish to know who you are, and what you are capable of doing.
These are the weaknesses which must be mastered by everyone who truly desires to accumulate wealth.